Delicious & Healthy Fall Recipes
In this article, I’m going to share with you guys my 4 favorite recipes i enjoy during the holiday season. Not only are these recipes delicious, they can help to keep you on track to your fitness goals.
Breakfast Fall Meal Prep Options
Protein Pumpkin Overnight Oats
This recipe will turn a boring pot of oatmeal into a delicious fall classic. It’s a very easy grab-and-go meal that you can eat warm or cold, and play around with different combinations of add-ins.
- Quick Oats
- Milk – Whole, Almond, or Soy
- 1 Can of pumpkin puree
- Add Ins: Chia seeds, Chopped or halved pecans
- Spices & flavoring: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, maple syrup
- Optional – Pumpkin spice protein powder
- In a tupperware container or jar, mix ½ cup of milk with ½ cup quick oats. Add a tablespoon of chia or flaxseeds. Mix in 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- If adding protein powder, add half a scoop. Add more milk if you need to adjust the thickness.
- Let the oats sit overnight in the refrigerator, or for at least 2 hours. In the morning, grab them out of the refrigerator. Heat up or leave cold.
- Top with pecans and maple syrup if needed for sweetness, and you’re set!
(Makes 1 serving – so multiply everything by 5 and prepare 5 tupperwares to complete your meal prep)
Apple Crisp Yogurt Parfait
Help get your protein, probiotics, fiber and fall food-craving fix all in one with this simple yogurt cup!
- Plain or Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 medium sized granny smith apple, and 2 macintosh or honeycrisp apple
- Spices & flavoring: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Brown Sugar, maple syrup
- Optional – Chia or Flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large baking dish with 1 tsp butter.
- Mix 2 tbsp brown sugar, 3 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp nutmeg in a small bowl. Layer the apples (chopped or sliced into bite sized pieces) in prepared baking dish; sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Repeat until all apples are done.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Pour water over apples and continue baking until tender, about 15 minutes more.
- After the apples have cooled, prepare the desired amount of yogurt in a bowl or tupperware, mix in chia or flax seeds for additional fiber and healthy fats, and top with granola, baked apples, and a little bit of maple syrup for extra sweetness (make sure to mix the types of apples for a tasty variety).
(Makes around 5-6 servings)
Lunch and Dinner Fall Meal Prep Ideas
Crockpot Cranberry Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed
- 1 can Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce (14 oz.)
- 1 package of Dry Onion Soup
- 8 oz. Kraft Catalina Dressing (Russian Dressing can be substituted)
- Cook chicken in Crockpot on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours (covered).
- After 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW, drain juices from crockpot.
- Mix together Catalina Dressing, Cranberry Sauce and Dry Onion Soup Mix.
- Serve with the vegetable of your choice… perhaps yams?
- Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on HIGH for 30 more minutes (covered), or until done.
(Makes 7-8 servings)
Protein-Packed Fall Chili
This chili is packed with fiber – implant fiber into your diet to start helping the body take off that excess weight!
- 1 lb ground turkey, browned in nonstick skillet and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces low-sodium tomato paste (1 small can)
- 4 12oz cans of beans: pinto, chili, kidney, and red kidney
- 1 can (12 oz) low-sodium tomatoes, with juice
- Optional – Chili powder, avocado slices, shredded cheese
- In slow cooker, combine browned ground turkey, onion, and tomato paste. Add chili powder (if you want), beans, and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-7 hours.
- Serve with grated low-fat cheddar cheese, if desired.
(Makes 8-10 servings)
Give these a try to keep the fall spirit alive while still being in control of your nutrition. Not only are these options delicious, but they’re great for helping you get in shape.
Here is a supplement I take regularly – it’s called Leptin Shred. If you want to try it out, click the link below and save 15% off a bottle on me.
This season you deserve to enjoy the delicious foods you love, so give these recipes a try so you don’t fill your holidays with worries about getting in shape.